Bleach: Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach: Maelstrom

An Alternate Universe Bleach RP. Chaos has finally been unleashed upon the world as the races, ancient and new, all vie for supremacy.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
╙Webmaster╜

╔Co-Admin╗

╠Mod Squad╣

Affiliates
Bleach Platinum Hearts

Latest topics
» ALL MEMBERS- PLEASE READ
The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:23 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing again again
The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:05 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing Again
The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:04 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Naruto Rev
The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime8/15/2011, 11:33 pm by Tartarax

» DGM IOH
The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime8/2/2011, 2:57 am by Guest

» Dante Follia
The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime7/30/2011, 4:31 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Sengoku Conquest
The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime7/30/2011, 5:59 am by Guest

» Louis Vuitton
The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 8:48 pm by Mistress of the House

» Dante Follia [WiP]
The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 3:37 am by Dante

Top posters
Zafaron Uriuc
The Past Of the 12th division Vote_lcapThe Past Of the 12th division Voting_barThe Past Of the 12th division Vote_rcap 
The Boss
The Past Of the 12th division Vote_lcapThe Past Of the 12th division Voting_barThe Past Of the 12th division Vote_rcap 
Mistress of the House
Mitsuhiro Tokiyama
Iori
Fuuga Natsu
Emo AFKer
Fuerza Sombras
Kurayami
Runic

Free Top Site

The Past Of the 12th division

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Iori

The Past Of the 12th division Empty
PostSubject: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/14/2011, 3:05 pm

Gotei 13, 152 years ago.

It was a day like any other in a sense that it was boring and there was absolutely nothing exciting happening. This, in fact, was strange even for the 12th division, members of which usually had a lot of research on their hands. Yet it was just one of those days where there wasn’t even anything to research. The weekly schedule was completed before the week even finished and the captain was too lazy to move to the next week’s plan, or at least that’s what he said. In truth, it was something else that bothered him at this point, but he did not want to share it and was hiding it pretty well.

At this moment the captain of the 12th division, Ichinosse Iori was standing in his office looking out the window. His back was to his desk, which was facing the door about 10 meters away. The captain was expecting a visitor at any moment. Iori closed his eyes for a moment, gathering his thoughts together, about what he knew would happen and the arrangements he made to go with it. At this moment he heard a knock on the door. The captain opened his eyes. “Come In.

(Alright Kuro, I finally made this one)
Back to top Go down
Mistress of the House

Mistress of the House

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/15/2011, 11:24 pm

"Y-Yes, Captain!" At the allowance, a figure pushed through the door, closing it behind him. "You called for me, sir?" He asked with a nervous smile, untying his ebony hair so it draped down his shoulders. A pair of dark square-rimmed glasses obscured his eyes, likely to deal with the bright lights that were flashing all around the pair.

"Sorry for the delay, a squad member almost blew up the west quarter, thanks to experimenting with explosives." Bowing to his superior, the black-robed figure stowed away his notepad inside the folds of said robes.
Back to top Go down
Iori

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/16/2011, 12:50 pm

“Heh, there never is a quiet day around this place even when all the work is done ahead of the schedule, is there?” Iori asked rhetorically and continued to look outside the window, his back to his lieutenant. “Ah well, no matter. Have a seat, why don’t you?” The captain faced his lieutenant and pointed at a chair that was in front of the table. “You’ve done well Kuro. Your work as a member of the 12th division is superb, and as a lieutenant your progress is remarkable. I’m very proud to have you as my second-in-command. In fact you have done so well, there has been talk of you becoming one of the new captains.” Iori paused for a moment. “And the fact of the matter is: you are going to become a captain. You will be replacing me.”
Back to top Go down
Mistress of the House

Mistress of the House

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/16/2011, 8:47 pm

Kurokotsu pulled his glasses off, cleaning the lenses with his shirt. He was just about to put them back on when he heard that he was in the running to be a new Captain. That knowledge alone made him tighten the grip on his glasses. "But, sir. I'm not ready. I only just learned how to call Bankai, I just couldn't do it just yet." Or, that was what he wanted to say. He'd only got halfway through that before he was told the other half. Upon hearing that, his hand closed, shattering the glasses.

"Wait, what? Oh, I get it. You're such a joker, taicho. You couldn't be replaced, not by a knucklehead like me." Or, so he hoped. He thought if he made a good enough case, his Captain wouldn't be able to leave, he'd feel too bad about it. "The squad couldn't run just with me, you need to be there to keep it all in line." The glasses gone, strands of hair drooped down into his face, obscuring exactly where he was looking.
Back to top Go down
Iori

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/18/2011, 12:39 pm

The captain only chuckled. “Hm, such an expected reaction.” Ioti said with a smile “But I’m afraid there is no punch line here. You will be becoming the captain of the 12th division. Not only is it my opinion that you should, but it has also been approved by a number of captains that you should be a captain, and it is my arrangement that you will replace me. You see I will be retiring quite soon…” in his head, Iori put quotation marks around the word “retiring” because he knew that it wasn’t that at all. He also knew that this retirement would come much, much sooner than anyone would normally anticipate when they hear the words “quite soon”. However, Iori just kept his friendly voice and attitude. “…which means that you will have a perfect opportunity for beginning your career as a captain.”
Back to top Go down
Mistress of the House

Mistress of the House

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/18/2011, 5:21 pm

Throughout all of this, Kurokotsu just sat there, awed and strangely inspired. "Have you set up some support system?" He asked jokingly, pulling out that notepad again and jotting down dozens of questions. "As you'll see here, sir, I've got a LOT to ask, and if I can't talk to you, I need someone to ask. I'm effing clueless about this, all I know is how to follow your direction and swing a giant whip around. I'm certainly not ready for this, not yet. I don't know the other taicho enough to ask for help, as if they'd not look down on me for being so clueless as it was..." He said with a shaky breath, picking up pieces of glass from the ground with his bare hand.
Back to top Go down
Iori

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 12:36 pm

Iori, in turn, also took a seat. He was now facing his lieutenant. “Well that’s not true. No one is gonna make a mockery of you. Just because you’re somewhat new to being the a captain…” at this point Iori leaned back and stared at the ceiling. “I was like you once, following the captain’s orders, feeling great about being second in command and not exactly too sure about what I would do without my captain. I never told you, but it took me forever to actually accept the offer to become a captain. In the end I accepted only to see what it was like…yeah, those were the times.” At this point he looked at the notepad that Kuro was writing in. “Got questions, ask em now.”
Back to top Go down
Mistress of the House

Mistress of the House

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/19/2011, 8:42 pm

"F-First of all, how would I even find a new Lieutenant? If I try to lead and fail, I'll need someone to do what I do around here. Without someone dedicated and/or insane, I'm not sure I can do the job. Hell, even with that, I really don't know. I may know this Division better than any outsider could, but my skill at managing people is, well, pure shit. Without you there to back me up somehow, I'm not sure they'd listen to me at all..." He said, hiccups punctuating every few words.

Trying to swallow the lump in his throat at the thought of being left alone, Kurokotsu pressed on. "All the tales I've heard of Twelfth Division Captains have painted them as mad scientists, crazies who just have enough power to back it up. Even you are put in there. And, sir, I just don't think I can pull that off. I'm eccentric, according to the squad, but I'm no brilliant mad scientist." Kurokotsu choked out, trying not to let any tears fall, to put on a halfway decent face for his Captain.
Back to top Go down
Iori

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/20/2011, 6:23 am

At this point Iori broke into laughter. “A mad scientist? Me? Oh that’s a good one.” After which he said quietly with all seriousness: “Do I really have that reputation? I mean I’m too lazy to be a mad scientist. A scientist, yeah, but not a mad one, no matter who sais what. And I am not a brilliant one too. So you don’t have to worry about “upholding the reputation” so to speak. Just run things as you would. Hell, I heard there was a captain in the 10th division that turned it into a boot-camp, identical to 11th division almost. Well, it was a long time ago though.” Iori then wandered into his own thoughts, as if he knew he was forgetting something.

“Oh yeah, that’s right. About the management. You don’t have to worry about people not listening to you. I’ve already had a talk with most of the division members, asking them to show you the same respect they showed me once you get the promotion. You really are underestimating yourself. After all, you will be a captain, which automatically raises your status. And hell, if all else fails, just threaten to experiment on them or something. That will uphold the mad scientist rep.” Iori added jokingly.

“Lastly, the lieutenant. It is true that this is probably the toughest job. That is one thing that, I’m afraid, I won’t be able to arrange for you. You will have to find them yourself. I could, however, give you a few hints: do not restrict your search to 12th division only. Look in the other division. Second, get a list of standards that you want from your lieutenant. Well…I think that should about do it for that matter. Anything else you want me to answer?”
Back to top Go down
Mistress of the House

Mistress of the House

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/20/2011, 4:11 pm

With a slow nod, Kurokotsu wrote all of that down. He kept trying to say something else to his Captain, but would cut himself off after only a few mumbles, unable to speak through his emotions. "I...I get the feeling I'll end up developing a split persona for this..." He whispered, drawing Arashimaru absentmindedly.

"What am I to do, Arashimaru? We've never gone through something like this, always had someone higher-up to believe in. Do you think you're ready to be relied upon? I'll need someone to talk to..." He spoke to the blade, lazily flicking his wrist so it extended into whip form.

"Any other captains you would suggest I talk to? I have no clue what'd make a good lieutenant, and without someone to scream at I have a feeling I'll sit in my quarters screaming at myself. I'm not ready to do all this, sir..."
Back to top Go down
Iori

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/21/2011, 1:09 pm

Iori had to think what would be the best optimum answer. “Hm…well first of all, have I actually ever yelled at you? I don’t think I did. And in case I did, that’s not really relevant, because, well, its not really a necessity. I’ll let you in on a little secret: the calmer you are, the better rep you will have as a captain…if you care about that kind of thing of course. And as for asking other captains, you can really just ask away any one of them if they have any prospering underlings. They’ll be sure suggest one a few people from each of the squads. Just remember what you would want from your second in command, which is entirely up to you.”
Back to top Go down
Mistress of the House

Mistress of the House

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/21/2011, 4:06 pm

Biting down on his lip in thought, Kurokotsu finally had an answer. "I need a lieutenant who can balance me out. Someone who can be rational in his or her thoughts, not always going off randomly like I do. Someone who can hold down the fort for a few days when I need to go defeat some Hollow for sanity's sake. Preferably someone who has good communication skills and can learn quickly how to operate my inventions..." He said with a soft smile, gesturing to the random inventions he'd made that were scattered across the Twelfth Division's compound.
Back to top Go down
Iori

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/23/2011, 1:06 pm

Iori had a satisfied grin on his face “Well there you go. Now you just remember that “criteria”, I suggest write it down somewhere, and then see who fits that the best.” While the two were talking they didn’t notice that it was evening already. It didn’t matter really, because Iori wanted to make sure to take care of this matter before his permanent leave. He had all faith that Kurokotsu would be able to handle it as the next captain. Don’t worry Kuro. It might be tough at first, but you will manage. I’m sure of it.While that, Iori continued. “Any more questions?”
Back to top Go down
Mistress of the House

Mistress of the House

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/23/2011, 2:23 pm

"I know it may seem odd but...could I get a duel against you? I've always wanted to test my skills out against your own, and I need to be sure I can at least sort of hold my own before I let you turn the Twelfth over to me. Needs to be in competant hands and all that..." He said with a weak smile, the hand not holding his Zanpakuto tracing circles in his robes.

"I want to learn as much as I can from you in the short amount of time we have left together, consider it my, well, first big request as your lieutenant. I've only actually seen you fight once or twice, and I think fighting against you just may help me get a bit more mastery over this Bankai of mine." Somewhere inside, Kurokotsu knew he was just trying to delay the inevitable goodbye, but at least his reasoning behind it seemed solid enough.
Back to top Go down
Iori

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/28/2011, 12:09 pm

“Hm…” Iori was lost in thought at such a request. He knew that he didn’t have that much time to do anything here. “Unfortunately, I’m going to have to refuse, Kuro. Try to understand that your skill in combat is not the most important thing when you’re the captain. It certainly is one of the important aspects of the captains, but in our case it is not the most important one you should worry about. Whether your strength exceeds my own or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is that the fact that your intellect is up to date in regard of our division. Remember, the 12th division is not the frontlines-occupants, they are the scientists, mad or not. Fighting skill is not so relevant in here. As for your Bankai mastery, well, the only thing I can tell you in that regard is that your Zanpakutou is the only one who can teach you the most about itself.”
Back to top Go down
Mistress of the House

Mistress of the House

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/28/2011, 12:49 pm

Finding his request thoroughly stomped, Kurokotsu could do nothing but nod dejectedly. "Very well, then. Guess I'll HAVE to become Captain, just so I can eventually make a machine and put your combat data into it so I can fight a simulation. Or, well, something like that. I really do want to spar against you someday, and I'm willing to bet Arashimaru feels the same. Oh, Arashimaru...Her idea of fun is making fun of me while I create random things. While that has brought us closer, I doubt continuing that trend will help me get much closer toward the mastery I desire..."

Brushing a strand of hair away from his eye with the empty hand, Kurokotsu looked up at the man he'd come to serve under. "I'm inferior to you in combat, intellect, and leadership skills, then. How can I be a step up from you in any way other than insanity? I fail to see how that quality would make the Seireitei any safer."
Back to top Go down
Iori

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/28/2011, 2:22 pm

Iori raised his eye-brow "Woah, isn't that a little harsh on yourself? You make it sound like I am superior to you in every possible way. You should note that that is not true. Our intellects are about the same, and if there is a difference, it really isn't that great. Inventions-wise: hell, you made more things in a year than I did in my lifetime so that one obviously goes to you. And then there is something that you can be so much greater at than me..." at this point, the captain turned to the window. "Learn to be independent, Kuro. And make sure you don't go too far with your liberties or you might upset the higher ups." Iori turned back to his lieutenant. "Well then, I guess that covers that. Anything more you want to know?"
Back to top Go down
Mistress of the House

Mistress of the House

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime3/31/2011, 6:47 pm

"What can I do better than you, eh, Captain?" The man asked, folding Arashimaru back up slowly as he stood up. "Don't give me that bull about being myself better than you could be, or being better because I'm me. I've heard that since I was in the Rukongai, and it's never been all that convincing." His Zanpakuto jingling as he straightened his back, Kurokotsu rolled it up into a ball and flicked it, the end effect resembling that of an earth-child's yo-yo.
Back to top Go down
Iori

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 5:57 am

Iory chuckled "I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was that you can be independent a lot better than I ever could be." Wonder if he understands what I mean. Oh well, he'll figure it out somehow. But that's strange, he still hasn't asked why I am actually leaving. But of course the captain was prepared to answer that, even if it came. He actually wanted to answer this question so that he won't have to worry his lieutenant. "Now then, again, any more questions?"
Back to top Go down
Mistress of the House

Mistress of the House

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime4/3/2011, 2:08 pm

"You haven't explained why you're leaving," Kurokotsu pointed out, combing his hand behind his head so all the hair fell on the right side. "Normally you'd explain something like that and then comfort the other person. Instead, you, not quite danced around it, but let's say you were warming up for the ballet. You said something about retiring. I'd say it's not due to old age or lack of motivation, that just doesn't fit you." Finally in the position to put his analytical powers to work, Kurokotsu tried to figure out just what would get his Captain to leave.

"It's not lack of enjoyment, I'd guess you love your position. Which leaves either being forced out or knowing something bad will happen soon. So which would it be, Taicho?" He asked with a worried, awkward grin on his face, almost worried about what would be revealed next.

(Note: Not metagaming. Kurokotsu is like that, he'd try to figure out why something happened, he always has.)
Back to top Go down
Iori

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 2:36 pm

Damn this guy's observant. Iori just chuckled. "This one time you're wrong Kuro. I really do feel like I'm getting too old for this, if not physically, then mentally. Being a captain has its ups and downs, but for me it kind of got old for me." Iori got out of his chair and walked to the window again, with his back to his lieutenant. "I am not like you in the sense that I do not posses such a fascination in this field of work. I chose it only because it was available and I wanted to see what its like. Seems like I got enough information on that." He then turned to Kuro. "Well then, it seems that this is all I can answer right now. Your work and official rank as the new captain of the 12th division will start within a month time. Thank you for your time here today. I wish you good luck."

(I'm wrapping this up. you post after this then I will post and conclude everything.)
Back to top Go down
Mistress of the House

Mistress of the House

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime4/14/2011, 1:21 am

Unsure what to respond, not used to being told his assumptions were wrong, Kurokotsu nodded dejectedly to himself. However, he stared at the back of his Captain, searching for any hint of him lying. "I hope you know, I'll figure out why you're leaving, someday. You know how I can be when I set my mind to something, and this has captured my interest. But if you'd rather let me figure out on my own, very well then sir. But, I just need to do this first."

Quickly walking across the room, Kurokotsu made to wrap his arms around Iori's chest. Bending to put his mouth next to the older male's ear, Kurokotsu whispered softly into it. "Thank you for everything you've done, Iori. Someday I'll find a way to make it up to you." Knowing that the mix of physical contact and using the man's name without an accompanying title would shock the man, he quickly turned and walked out of the room.

As he strode down the barracks, Kurokotsu made small notes of all the small things around him that he'd never noticed, quickly applying barrack numbers to members of the soon-to-be his division. "I guess this means I need to grow up a bit. Or at least learn to act like a sensible person. No more goofing off for me. Or maybe, just maybe, I'll goof off even more." He said to nobody in particular, a crazy grin on his face.
Back to top Go down
Iori

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime4/14/2011, 9:29 am

Oh you probably will figure it out eventually, Kuro. That's the sort of guy you are. It was only slightly surprising for Iory when Kuro whispered into his ear and called him by his name. Heh, just as I thought, that's the sort of guy you are. And you were doubting to get the title of "Mad" or "Crazy" when you get you captain title. Shame I won't be at the ceremony. Iory looked up into the bright blue sky outside. "Damn, I'm gonna miss that son of a bitch." he mumbled, grinning. Sure as hell was fun being the captain. But I guess this is where my luck's run out. He once again made a serious face and took a seat at his desk. After waiting for a bit, thinking about what he should do next, he took a piece of paper from the pile on his desk, and started writing. These were the minor, details and instruction to Kuro. These also contained some advice for various specific situations. These included advice of what to avoid unless it is absolutely necessary as well as what not to do no matter what. Iory filled 2 more sheets of paper with these. After that he was done and fell asleep. He needed a good rest for what would happen.

It was during the next day that Iori's trial was held in secret. In this trial he was condemned to have his powers taken away from him. He was transported to a prison, from which he managed to escape shortly after wards, leaving a "short" trail of blood behind. In Seretei, the only known news about this event where that there was some kind of comotion at the said prison. In a month time from this point, Kurokotsu was finally given the position of the Captain of the Twelfth Division. In the mean time, Iori was travelling around in far Rukongai, almost at its edge, avoiding or killing occasional shinigami he ran into. He was trying to either be left alone and walk his own path, or find some place that could prove "safe" for him, something that he was quite dedicated to and in time, he would find it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Past Of the 12th division   The Past Of the 12th division Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Past Of the 12th division
Page 1 of 1