Bleach: Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach: Maelstrom

An Alternate Universe Bleach RP. Chaos has finally been unleashed upon the world as the races, ancient and new, all vie for supremacy.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
╙Webmaster╜

╔Co-Admin╗

╠Mod Squad╣

Affiliates
Bleach Platinum Hearts

Latest topics
» ALL MEMBERS- PLEASE READ
Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:23 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing again again
Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:05 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing Again
Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:04 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Naruto Rev
Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime8/15/2011, 11:33 pm by Tartarax

» DGM IOH
Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime8/2/2011, 2:57 am by Guest

» Dante Follia
Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime7/30/2011, 4:31 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Sengoku Conquest
Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime7/30/2011, 5:59 am by Guest

» Louis Vuitton
Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 8:48 pm by Mistress of the House

» Dante Follia [WiP]
Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 3:37 am by Dante

Top posters
Zafaron Uriuc
Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Vote_lcapNaoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Voting_barNaoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Vote_rcap 
The Boss
Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Vote_lcapNaoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Voting_barNaoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Vote_rcap 
Mistress of the House
Mitsuhiro Tokiyama
Iori
Fuuga Natsu
Emo AFKer
Fuerza Sombras
Kurayami
Runic

Free Top Site

Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Naoki Ueno

Naoki Ueno

Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Empty
PostSubject: Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her   Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime11/10/2010, 11:26 pm

Mai, mai - it seems I am the only person on this site (of those whom I have encountered) who has any ability in drawing and such artsy stuff. I have therefore decided to milk that for all it is worth.

I will be posting all my new arts and things in this thread so that people can comment and fuel my ego (even though I think I'm awful). Enjoy~

11/10/12
A few things to start off...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And my newest one...
Spoiler:

Here is also a link to my deviantART if anyone so desires : deviantART

On a semi-related note, I'm willing to do character sketches/drawings for anyone who needs/wants one. I will do them for free, but don't expect it to be done soon in any sense of the word. I am an artist for a living, though, and you could always bribe me to do it faster with a few dollah you have laying around (four or five would do...or even three). I gots ta get paid.
Back to top Go down
http://khrebornrp.forum-motion.com/forum.htm
Emo AFKer

Emo AFKer

PostSubject: Re: Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her   Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime11/12/2010, 12:14 am

I like 'em, especially the Nurarihyon one (which is really well done). I think you'd make some Rikuo/Yuki shippers very happy ^^.

I myself have no artistic talent, but my sister does (she's the "freak" in our family for actually being good at drawing) Razz . When I convince her to join this site during Thanksgiving Break, I'll see if she'd be willing to put some of her art up for people to see.
Back to top Go down
Fuuga Natsu

Fuuga Natsu

PostSubject: Re: Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her   Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime11/12/2010, 3:10 pm

I like the drawings. *Gives Naoki some cookies*

Also, the honesty of the threads name is refreshing Razz
Back to top Go down
Naoki Ueno

Naoki Ueno

PostSubject: Re: Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her   Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime11/13/2010, 12:52 am

Thanks Levi-San. I love NnM, and not only is RikuoxTsurara my favorite pairing, Tsurara herself is my favorite character. I did one other fanart of her, but the background was fail (or nonexistent).

*Eets kookees* Thanks, Fuuga-San.
Back to top Go down
The Boss

The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her   Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 8:01 am

Since you were so kind to comment on my drawing, I thought I'd redo the favor.
Again, thank you for your comments. It helps me improve myself.

First Drawing:
1. Characters are a bit thin, especially the arms.
2. They're also a bit stationary, they're not very dynamic.
3. The hands, I admit drawing hands is difficult, but the girl's left hand is larger than her right hand. While her right hand is closer to the viewer and. Her left hand also misses a few fingers.
The hand should show more fingers while it is placed in that position.

Other than that, I can only compliment you on the clothes. Something I really have problems with. The clothes you draw are realistic and look cool. While mine fail most of the time.

Second Drawing:
1. Again I feel like the character is a bit too thin.
2. For the top expression of the character: She seems to be missing a part of her nose.
3. For the bottom expression of the character: Too many 'frustration' marks on her face.
1 or 2 frustration marks are enough. And I've never seen a frustration mark on the cheek , at the lips, or under the eyes. Correct me with an example out of an anime or manga if you think I'm wrong on this please.

Third Drawing:
1. When a character is drawn in 3/4 view, or at least the face, both eyes are visible.
( As shown in your avatar by the way. )
2. The clavicles of the man should be a bit lower.

I like the way you colored it though. Nicely done.

It's obvious that we have different styles of drawing manga.
I try to draw very realistic looking manga. ( Except for the clothes, I still need to work on that .. ^^') So my comments are all according to my own style of drawing.
If you're not trying to draw too realistic, you shouldn't pay too much attention to my comments.

Last edited by Zeno Hiraken on 11/15/2010, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo - yes, I make them A LOT.)
Back to top Go down
Naoki Ueno

Naoki Ueno

PostSubject: Re: Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her   Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 7:15 pm

Thanks for the comments, Zeno, but my style isn't very realistic. Also, it's rather like a gelatinous cube, always changing shape and wiggling everywhere. xD

Yes, I will admit that my characters are probably too thin, and yes, I will also admit that I can't draw male bodies worth two shits. The reason for that can be expressed in the fact that the first manga I ever read was Magic Knight Rayearth by CLAMP, where the three main characters were young girls and every character was tall and skinny. I am attempting to learn how to give at least my male characters a bit more girth and muscle mass, but it's slow learning since I have no real models to go off of. Also it doesn't help that I myself am a twig with tits attached, and for most of my drawing career I used myself as a model. I guess you could say my style will forever resemble that of CLAMP, with everyone being stick people with freakishly long legs and arms and no muscle mass to speak of. XD

I do suck at hands, and I always have...

Well, I never said I was perfect, and I'll actually be the first to claim that I am horrible at everything I do...

Thank you for the compliment on the clothing, though. I'd never heard that before, but I do try my best to make it look like it should. Probably because I'm just OCD about it...
Back to top Go down
The Boss

The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her   Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime11/15/2010, 5:07 pm

Well, I have problems with drawing female characters...
I think that i'ts because the first anime I watched was Dragon Ball Z.
I'm now really trying to draw female characters, because I feel like I MUST be able to do so, but yeah it's hard for me.
Dragon Ball Z only had huge Hulks with muscles as enormous as Lolo Ferrari's boobs.
It took me a while before I was able to draw a good body with good proportions.

Another small hint I want to give you is to draw characters from other anime or manga than the ones of CLAMP. Try to copy them exactly like they are in the manga or anime, then search for pics of the same characters in different poses and copy them as well.
And then try to draw the character yourself, without copying them from a screen or book or w/e, just try to draw the character like you remember it and give it a pose of your own.

I did that A LOT. After drawing realistic characters like them so many times I got used to the realistic physics, expressions, dynamic poses, etc...

But as I said before. That's my style of drawing. You should stick with yours, definitely. But if you try to make your characters look a bit more realistic, I assure you that your art will improve A LOT.

There's one more thing that I need to say here.
Nobody's perfect. ( I am nobody... j/k)
You can only try to improve and get as close to perfection as you can.
So never claim that you're horrible at drawing, because you're talented and I'm pretty sure you love doing it. ^^

Voilà, Zeno has spoken! : D
Back to top Go down
Naoki Ueno

Naoki Ueno

PostSubject: Re: Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her   Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime11/15/2010, 7:32 pm

I have done that. I've drawn TONS of fanart, and I can honestly say that about 0.01% of it was relating to anything CLAMP. My style has elements from Bleach, Kuroshitsuji, FullMetal Alchemist, and more. In fact, when I draw fanart, I have a hard time trying NOT to make it look like official art from the original artist.

In fact, when I first started drawing, most of what I did was trace and copy other peoples' stuff. One of my friends in middle school once told me that I was better at copying than drawing my own stuff. He lived to regret that statement, but that's beside the point.
Back to top Go down
The Boss

The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her   Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime11/16/2010, 1:43 pm

Heh, alright.
Well then, to end this, I like your drawings.
And really, you gotta teach me how to draw clothes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her   Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naoki's thread to show off her arts and make people compliment her
Page 1 of 1