Bleach: Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach: Maelstrom

An Alternate Universe Bleach RP. Chaos has finally been unleashed upon the world as the races, ancient and new, all vie for supremacy.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
╙Webmaster╜

╔Co-Admin╗

╠Mod Squad╣

Affiliates
Bleach Platinum Hearts

Latest topics
» ALL MEMBERS- PLEASE READ
Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:23 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing again again
Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:05 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing Again
Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:04 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Naruto Rev
Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime8/15/2011, 11:33 pm by Tartarax

» DGM IOH
Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime8/2/2011, 2:57 am by Guest

» Dante Follia
Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime7/30/2011, 4:31 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Sengoku Conquest
Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime7/30/2011, 5:59 am by Guest

» Louis Vuitton
Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 8:48 pm by Mistress of the House

» Dante Follia [WiP]
Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 3:37 am by Dante

Top posters
Zafaron Uriuc
Anzai Kooji  Vote_lcapAnzai Kooji  Voting_barAnzai Kooji  Vote_rcap 
The Boss
Mistress of the House
Mitsuhiro Tokiyama
Iori
Fuuga Natsu
Emo AFKer
Fuerza Sombras
Kurayami
Runic

Free Top Site

Anzai Kooji

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anzai

Anzai

Anzai Kooji  Empty
PostSubject: Anzai Kooji    Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime6/16/2011, 10:48 pm

Name: Anzai Kooji

Nickname: Anz, and Anzai Crimson Fingers

Visual Age: 24

Years in Soul Society: 184 years

Years Since Banishment: 94

Former Division: 4th

Former Shinigami Rank: Lieutenant

Appearance: Luck Gandor from Baccano

http://img1.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/06252008/b/d/a/5/bda5e19ac3f600_full.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/baccano/images/7/77/Rakku.jpg

He also normally wears a round face brown driving cap with a suit or traditionally shinigami garb painted with a white mask on the back to signify his vizard status. He is just under six feet tall and weighs around 190lbs. His eyes are green/yellow.

Personality:
Anzai is a complex individual living in the moment being his ideal situation he is more often then not upset by his inability to do this due to the hostile world climate. He enjoys training and training others and many say he would make a good teacher do to his extreme patience with others. Despite his patience with others he hates waiting on lines and has no patience for his own failures.

Anzai can often come off as extremely arrogant, however this is more due to his sense of humor then his actual arrogance, there is nothing he finds funnier then someone who takes himself to seriously and will often egg on these sorts of personalities. He also has been known to make bold and he thinks hilarious claims that many would see as bragging but he sees a just playful banter, an example of this would be challenging someone to a fight and then spending the whole time dodging until they tire out, while he sees this as fun most might see this arrogance.

Anzai is also very musically inclined there are few instruments he doesn’t know how to play but his talents mostly lye in singing and playing the guitar. While relaxed he can normally be heard whistling or humming as he walks. A big fan of the human world he often goes on walks through human cities simply to marvel at their easy lives, he has also been known to make the occasional performance at the local dives and bars.

As a leader Anzai is kind and compassionate he demands respect and loyalty above all else but is very forgiving for any other type of misbehavior. Not one for formalities he has those under him call him Anzai or Anz and dislikes any sort of honorifics. A leader by example he almost never resorts to force when disciplining those under him, instead he uses more tempered and effective methods such as hard labor for character building or humiliating tasks if someone must learn humility.

Towards the opposite sex, Anzai tends to be very flirtatious and can come off as something of a playboy. However, deep down he is a romantic and hopes to one day find the woman of his dream who would love him as he once loved a woman who betrayed him.

Anzai is very loyal and at the same time doubtful of the maker, despite his help and the debt he owes him he dislikes that the enigmatic leader of the Vizard prefers to lead his people in the shadows hiding his knowledge and his true goals. This results in a confliction within Anzai who believes it is his responsibility to both serve the maker as well as question his motives as to not inadvertently do something he may regret.

Very few things upset Anzai, however he has two things that get under his skin. The first and foremost is hurting his friends of subordinates, which is an act he absolutely will not tolerate and will almost definitely react violently. The second raises both guilt and anger with him and will often result in him leaving the situation, that is bringing up his exploits in the war and of course the name he earned during it “Anzai Crimson Fingers.”

Inner Hollow Personality:
Jethro is a strange creature indeed, for the most part he seems calm complacent and disinterested in the world around him. He has no desire to overtake Anzai and the only reason he would do so, would be if Anzai personally asked him to do it, this has yet to occur. Silent and brooding he tends to spend his days in a dark corner somewhere within Anzai’s heart. He dislikes loud music, other people, fighting, nature, cities, most foods, and children. However he loves kido and research, he likes to read mostly historical fiction and would spend everyday in a laboratory if he could.

He believes human interaction as well as physical exertion to be tedious and boring and maintains the best thing one can do is train his mind above all else, his favorite saying is a twist on a classic, “The meek and intelligent shall inherit the earth.”

Inner Hollow Appearance: Jethro is as tall as Anzai and has the same build he normally keeps his face hidden beneath the a dark hood which extends down into a black cloak obscuring his figure. His face appears like this:
http://www.freewebs.com/sheiksevensage/My%20Pictures/Mask_of_Truth.gif

Fighting Style:
Anzai’s fighting style involves a mixture of hand to hand combat focusing on the jujitsu concept of redirection of momentum through the use of grapples and short quick hits, combined with trap technique using his zanpakuto’s shikai abilites to create a balanced defense with offensive capabilities, however Anzai’s offensive capabilities rely on his mastery of kido he tends to use a lot of low level hado and bakudo along with hand to hand combat, his shikai ability, and skill in shunpo to control his opponents movements, waiting for the point when they are open to hit them with high level kido to finish or greatly wound. However overall Anzai’s strengths lie in his kido abilities and hand to hand combat.

Background:
Anzai was born in the rukongai to a small but poor family; he lived his life upset by the mundane reality of his existence. By the time he reached the shinigami equivalent of pre-teens he had fallen into a group of young criminals known as the sparrows, together they stole and committed vandalism, never any serious crimes just teenage rebellion. Years past and he eventually matured most considerably due to an encounter with a group of academy students, fresh from training, at the local pub. After mouthing off to one of them he quickly found himself out matched and easily defeated by the highly skilled shinigami in training. Determined to become stronger he left the sparrows and began to train daily so he could be accepted into the shinigami academy, while working his mornings at a local farm. Eventually he was accepted to the academy on his second try.

In the academy he quickly earned respect for his skills in Kido and hand-to-hand combat, however his zanjutsu skills always seemed far behind and shunpo skills about average. Years past in the academy like blinks and soon he was participating in shikai training. Luckily for Anzai his shikai required no skill with a blade instead the lightweight gauntlets that his release produced worked in perfect harmony with his fighting style. However he soon realized that his gauntlets had a dual purpose both effective in combat and for stabilizing the injured. Towards the end of his academy days his focus shifted from Hado to healing kido and he was accepted into the 4th division.

As a member of the fourth division, he quickly showed himself to be an excellent leader both for his never say die attitude, and because of his tendency to stand up for other members of the fourth division who tended to be more meek and mild mannered. As the years past Anzai practiced daily and his skills rose with exceptional speed, eventually he reached the rank of lieutenant. However he had become dissatisfied with the life of a healer and applied for a transfer to the tenth division. After meeting with the captain of the squad and demonstrating he could handle himself in a fight, the paperwork was put together for his transfer to become third seat of the tenth division.

However, tragedy struck Anzai in the form of a man named Hanzo Itoe, better known as young Lord Itoe. Hanzo a violent and self-righteous man was attracted to Kitana, who happened to be Anzai’s fiancé a young member of the fourth division and the main reason he was changing squads, as it was bad form for a lieutenant to have a romantic relationship with his squad member. However, on the night before his transfer he was to meet Kitana in rukongai to celebrate, when she was late he went searching for her, only to find that she had been cheating on him with Hanzo instead, and now was at a nearby bar. Enraged he stormed in the bar screaming his face red and his mind flushed with anger. Hanzo an arrogant an aggressive man took this as a challenge and a brawl ensued in the end a stray attack from one of the two had ended up killing a waitress.

Knowing that he would take the fall before any noble Anzai gathered his things stole a gigai and ran to the human world. However he hated hiding who he was, as well as having fallen for such a fickle woman to give him up in exchange for a wealthy man. Unable to adjust to his new life style Anzai twirled into depression. Years past and in time Anzai started a new life living as a performer at a local bar it was hollow and empty but it paid the bills and kept him well supplied with liquor. It was here in this bar that the maker found him, offering him an existence beyond the mundane and boring life style he had lived in the bar. A changed man no longer the rash and bull headed youth he accepted The Makers terms and joined the Vizards.

Spending most of his time in the organization training Anzai made little friends, part of him unsure of how to trust others part unsure of how to trust himself. However his skill in Kido and healing quickly carved out a niche for him as a useful addition to the organization. When war broke out between the shingami and espada, Anzai was among the first to advocate helping the shinigami, and thus when the vizard joined the battle he opened on the front lines as a member of the vanguard. Vizards rallied around him and arrancar feared him, mid way through the war Anzai had a rather unfortunate encounter, alone and separated from his squad he ran into a shinigami contingency a squad of warriors from the eleventh including Hanzo Itoe.

Hanzo immediately recognizing Anzai and, opened hostilely drawing his blade, however the years had taught Anzai better and he knew he couldn’t win. He surrendered and explained they were on the same side. Now temporarily a member of the shinigami unit until he could rejoin with the vizards he endured Hanzo’s taunts and jabs even stomaching the fact that for fun the young noble had Kitana thrown in the maggots den for the bar fight where the waitress died. The rage boiled within him yet still he did nothing for luckily his torment was relieved by the sudden onslaught of hollow and arrancar the battle was bloody and in the end of the skirmish only Anzai and Hanzo remained alive. Badly injured Hanzo begged Anzai for help and he received it, as Anzai choked the last bit of life out of the man who had tormented him for years, his sputter dying coughs tossing blood onto Anzai’s hands. It was two hours later he regrouped with the vizard and told the story of how only he survived his hands still dripping with hollows and Hanzo’s blood. This is how he earned the name crimson fingers Anzai.

For the rest of the war Anzai racked with guilt decided he would become the man he wished to be rather then the one he was, he would become the man that would have let Hanzo live. After the war Anzai was promoted and his exploits were bound in history the heroic lie he told everyone.

Last edited by Anzai on 6/19/2011, 9:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kuketsu Satoshi

Kuketsu Satoshi

Anzai Kooji  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anzai Kooji    Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime6/17/2011, 5:59 pm

Okay, Kido Corps do not exist on this site, so you could not have been a part of them. Also, your character seems too overpowered. He is a master at Kido, Hakuda, Shunpo, and Zanjutsu. On this site, you cannot be a master in all of those areas. You could only be a master at one or two of those at most. Also, take into consideration on how much physical strength, defense, and speed he has. It's all about balance on this forum and you seem to not be balanced.

Also, just to note, your backstory (I call it that because you gave a story instead of a background) is very cliche, but that is not that big of a deal. It just makes the backstory boring and predictable is all. What is a big deal is that it is your backstory is kind of hard to follow and doesn't make sense at times. There are several failures to properly punctuate your sentences, which makes it harder to understand what is going on at times. Also, why did Lord Itoe decide to come to the world of the living just to check up on person that drove him to murder his daughter? How did he know what part of the world of the living he lived in?

Why does Lord Itoe's way of seeing Anzai considered Anzai's "true self" if he hates him and does not know anything about him since he never got to know him back in the Soul Society? All he believes is that he is inferior to him and not fit to marry his daughter. So, I would assume that his perception of Anzai would not be considered his "true self" because of the fact that he doesn't know anything about him, at least that is what I understand from what you are saying.

Also, why was Anzai recruited to join the Academy? Since he was a criminal, he would have been arrested and imprisoned; not sent to the Academy because of his amazing strength. Also, I don't think kids would join gangs in order to "find adventure and [have] fun." Most, if not all, gangs are groups of people who perform criminal activities in order to survive and people do not join them because they want to have fun. This does not change in the afterlife, especially in Rukongai.

Please make these changes to your profile.
Back to top Go down
Anzai

Anzai

Anzai Kooji  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anzai Kooji    Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime6/18/2011, 1:16 pm

Edits made:

Switched from kido corps to 4th division

I tuned down his shunpo skills, and sorry for the miscommunication on zanjutsu he was never very good his shikai are gauntlets so fall under hand to hand. Anyways was just feeling out the average power for the site.

I agree with you that the backstory was and remains to be a bit cliche but ehh.. i like it. Made some edits i was originally trying to incorporate some eyes of hatred Nagle philosophy in it since i just finished the book but I'm not sure if I can express it right, so I shifted the story around alot but tried to keep the same general presence. Thanks for pooping on the last one as hindsight being 20-20 it needed it... anyway lemme know if any additional changes need to be made.

Also on a side note I defend that many kids join gangs to find adventures and have fun, it may not be the average life choice but the whole psychological presence behind the gang mentality is grasping on to that ideal of freedom from the rules of society its a bit stupid and short sighted but not wrong... any way just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Kuketsu Satoshi

Kuketsu Satoshi

Anzai Kooji  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anzai Kooji    Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime6/18/2011, 4:57 pm

Yeah, sorry for being a little over critical and nitpicky. But to be honest, I really like the changes you've made in your background; especially how you used the site's backstory to further your own story. I found that very clever. That also made your backstory more interesting, in my opinion. I only wish that I thought of that when making my character background.

There is only one little issue that I want to be address. You say that at the end of the war, "only Anzai and Hanzo remained alive." There are other survivors too. In fact, all the apps on this site are about people who survived the war. If you meant something else, please state what they what they survived from. Other than that, your app can be approved.
Back to top Go down
Anzai

Anzai

Anzai Kooji  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anzai Kooji    Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime6/19/2011, 9:45 am

edited:

I had meant that particular skirmish... ie. at the end of the ambush I added something to that affect.

And no worries Id prefer you be nit picky then just not care, my last background was weak and you called me out on it, thats what a good Mod should do, stop us regular folk from being lazy with our crap. lol Smile

also... on a side note after this approval I need to do a role play sample before I can apply for my mask and zanpakuto right?
Back to top Go down
Kuketsu Satoshi

Kuketsu Satoshi

Anzai Kooji  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anzai Kooji    Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime6/19/2011, 3:39 pm

Well, everything major that I saw has been fixed, so...

APPROVED

And thanks for the compliment. You don't have to do your roleplay sample just yet if you don't want too. You can do your zanpakuto app next if you feel like it. As long as you finish your character app first, the order in which you do the rest of your apps is not that important.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anzai Kooji  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anzai Kooji    Anzai Kooji  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anzai Kooji
Page 1 of 1