Bleach: Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach: Maelstrom

An Alternate Universe Bleach RP. Chaos has finally been unleashed upon the world as the races, ancient and new, all vie for supremacy.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
╙Webmaster╜

╔Co-Admin╗

╠Mod Squad╣

Affiliates
Bleach Platinum Hearts

Latest topics
» ALL MEMBERS- PLEASE READ
Strike Celery Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:23 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing again again
Strike Celery Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:05 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing Again
Strike Celery Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:04 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Naruto Rev
Strike Celery Icon_minitime8/15/2011, 11:33 pm by Tartarax

» DGM IOH
Strike Celery Icon_minitime8/2/2011, 2:57 am by Guest

» Dante Follia
Strike Celery Icon_minitime7/30/2011, 4:31 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Sengoku Conquest
Strike Celery Icon_minitime7/30/2011, 5:59 am by Guest

» Louis Vuitton
Strike Celery Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 8:48 pm by Mistress of the House

» Dante Follia [WiP]
Strike Celery Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 3:37 am by Dante

Top posters
Zafaron Uriuc
Strike Celery Vote_lcapStrike Celery Voting_barStrike Celery Vote_rcap 
The Boss
Mistress of the House
Mitsuhiro Tokiyama
Iori
Fuuga Natsu
Emo AFKer
Fuerza Sombras
Kurayami
Runic

Free Top Site

Strike Celery

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
krillo49

Strike Celery Empty
PostSubject: Strike Celery   Strike Celery Icon_minitime5/19/2011, 12:44 pm

Name: Tsuki Negi.

Years Since Gaining Quincy Powers:
  • Actual discovery years passed: 20.
  • Years since first bow manifestation: 17.

Current Location: Japan.

Occupation: "Nyan Cafe" Waiter, Council First, Fan Mechanic, "Ginto" Silver Tubes Producer.

Quincy Rank: Council Head.

Appearance: Negi is nearly always seen in the regular suit he wears while working as an innocent waiter in 'Nyan Cafe' that mainly Otaku and Otome are attracted to. His appearance ever since beginning his working time there has changed in order to fit well with the staff and the theme of the cafe, currently having long, brown hair tied with a single ribbon (actually wrapped into a low ponytail). The hair's length reaches the middle of the back when folded into the regular haircut the man puts on. He also has two edges on each side of the head, covering a very small part of his eyes but still giving him complete eyesight of a 6/6. His hair is also smooth, definitely being very easy to take care of. His eyes are located on the regular spot normal humans have them and they often seem to be more closed than open, seemingly reducing his eyesight. Truth be told, he's most suited with working blindly, with his eyes closed, as for why the position of his eyes is most of the time looking as if closing. The color of the pupil, as well as the inner eye is dark, slate blue. He has no special facial features for he almost never really has a need to shave his face.

His regular dressing outfit would be the very same one he wears when at work, even wearing that at his house for convenience and when working with the council. This suit consists of a bow tie, often black but in variations can be red colored as well. He wears a long-sleeved white shirt, buttoned completely to the collar for politeness. Several folds of where the cloth was folded can be seen hardly, but can be noticed if looked upon for a small while. On his shoulders, two braces that seemingly hold his pants on their spot but are really just for decoration, they don't really do much except for appearing there for mere confusion. They, like the pants, are black colored. On the lower part of his body, Negi wears completely black pants, the sleeves of which reaching to the very end of the leg - right before the foot's start and by the end of the ankle. He has two sets of pockets: two on the front and two on the back, often being filled with either his Ginto or with some extra money, tips given by customers. His shoes are made of leather and are brown colored, with black soles that make those editions official dress shoes. This is his regular outfit on normal occasions, though he also has the normal Quincy, pure white outfit. His cross, the bow itself is actually a pendant hanging from his neck underneath his shirt but is sometimes shown for mere show. He will not manifest his bow all the time like all other Quincy warriors.

Personality: Negi, even though being a Quincy and carrying the great pride of this special race amongst humans, is a very nice person probably due to his position in job. He's kind, caring and generous, willing to help anybody in need that he can be of assistance to. It is best noticed when he's at work, often welcoming new customers with a smile and leading them to their table. He's always ready to stand for someone important to him, and will most likely express his love for the human race in the easiest way - by treating them or taking care of them to ease up their stress. This point of view isn't quite directly the best one for the cafe he works at but that's how he sees his job as a waiter - to attend those who require assistance with their current meal time and help them by taking their requests and bringing it to the superiors. He's also a very devoted man, something that keeps him in good shape as a fighter and not just as a worker, allowing himself the find some time to train even between all the important subjects in his life, of which are his money raising for college and his work as a member of the Quincy Council. But with all the stress engulfing his busy schedule, Negi is still capable of putting on a smiling face that hides everything away with a very kind attitude.

Truth is, he does feel sadness like everyone else and understands best what it is for what he experienced in the past of his life. He doesn't always think about it, but sometimes the thought of his fallen friend interrupts him in his normal daily life and he will seem a little weaker (actually only being an expression of sadness and nothing beyond that). He will never be seen crying although his gentleman impression, holding back even the hardest and coldest depression that will come across his life. He cannot afford to let his emotions get to the best of him, be it happiness, sadness, pain or anger, since he is a member of the Quincy Council and his presence is important to them. The reason he keeps on living although he lost the best of his friends is because he was convinced and managed to convince himself that the world needs people like him who will to take care of those in need. It is because of this reverse psychology that he's holding back all of this sadness and completely ignores it, repelling it in any way he can and disabling its full appearance from the outside world. But if it would burst out in any way, it will not be sudden depression or a down mood but something far worse than that: anger.

Being a Quincy of pride, and mostly only because he's restraining all of these emotions inside of him and allowing only those of positiveness to be expressed, when engaged in anger Negi will lose any sense of tactic at all. He will be nearly similar to a rabid beast on the loose, no control whatsoever or any way to stop except by restraining this depression back. This man also would possibly hold enough power to crush many things on his way while he's on this rampage, not allowing a single thing to hold him back from unleashing this sudden burst. If triggered into a fight in this state, the bow will come first and the Ginto will not even be an option, much less physical fighting. He will just fight on instinct, and that's all there is to it. Although, he will never allow such a thing to happen, for after the amount of time his rage erupts depression follows for everything he destroyed. The day later this whole case is going to be covered entirely, as if never happened.

The overall summery is, Negi acts like an extremely positive person and actually is one. He's kind to everyone and everything - ignoring any mortal enemies his race has and treating everybody under the same value. That's how the outside looks like though, for he's holding great negativity that can burst in a form of intensive rage if let loose. On battles he's not thrilled at all and accepts defeat if ever defeated, knowing fairness but preferring to prevent any bloodloss by setting traps and fighting with his mind and not just the brutal body (or bow). Overall, on a daily basis, he's a regular cheerful, calm person.

Fighting Style: It is utterly important to note, Negi despises fighting in combat that will involve bloodloss. Negi's style of fighting is quite unique for a Quincy, at least. While most Quincies are using their bows mainly and almost no contact with the enemy is made, this person prefers using Silver Tubes rather than his own bow and rely more on physical combat. He's a skilled fighter and uses his Silver Tube spells and incantations freely, not worrying at all about wasting any of the tubes - simply because he learned to create them. His fighting style consists of quick movements and attacks of which many Ginto techniques and Hirenkyaku quick steps, while performing some of the incantations for the Silver Tube Quincy spells. He will mainly attempt to trap his opponent in a certain area or lock them away, disabling their abilities to fight and run away when the tides flow to his side. Only at a really desperate or a quick situation will Negi be revealing his bow, showing how powerful he really is: for his accuracy and bow mastery surpasses even his Ginto abilities thanks to the consecutive training with his now presumably passed away relatives.

Negi's Ginto techniques arsenal is vast and tricky, managing to perhaps use two at the same time thus creating a brand new version of the incantations - using both offensive and defensive techniques at once (for example, Gritz and Wolke in a combination of oddly, Wolke coming first). He's a tricky opponent which wouldn't consider any fatal blows knowing he can always make a direct shot to the neck, heart, head or shoulder gaps of anybody he wishes to assassinate, but would rather using cunning, tactical moves including his quick speed and armed fighting. He's a perfect sparring partner, only thinking of traps and not of actually winning the battle. His speed is also well-developed, capable of traveling at speeds that could with a small extra Ginto technique, create afterimages of himself while he moves. He's also fond of every Quincy traditional technique, of which are the included Ransotengai and the sword-like Seele Schneider. However, as skilled as he might be with rapid Reiatsu drain processes and as powerful and agile as his body really is, Negi is still a human. An extent of physical power is put on his body, and like every normal human he obviously cannot overpower a Hollow with sheer force. He is also not as durable as a Shinigami Captain although being able to withstand all sorts of damage forms, and his stamina is limited as well - for everything has limits.

Background: 24 years ago it finally happened to a very happy couple although they were so different from one another. After a long wait of over 11 months oddly, the child was finally bared to the happy (now father) Tsuki Jiro and his mate (now mother) Tsuki Anzu. It was rather that the grandmother, Anna von Karma couldn't be present at the birth of the new and last family member of the Tsuki relatives. There he was born, the new infant Tsuki Negi whose name was picked a long time before his birth with those 11 painful months finally passing away from the mother's life. The happy couple now had yet another child to look after, and a younger brother for their firstborn Tsuki Tama, which looked upon his little brother with a wondering face. Of course, he was only 4 years old at the time and he couldn't really think like an adult, not thinking of saying anything congratulatory for his mom and dad, only asking his grandfather about this new baby. All he was told is that the little boy is his present for his 4th birthday that was delayed by exactly a week.

Truth be told, this family wasn't always this happy so that they could watch the birth of the (sort of) 'hybrid' into the family for their relations weren't the easiest in the past. The real family line that now builds the small Tsuki family started from Fa Pin and von Karma Jerard, two culture men that met a single day in ironically, the battlefield during a certain hunt. Fa Pin was married to Fa Liang, he himself being a retired Bounto (retired as in, stopped devouring human souls) while von Karma Jerard was a married Quincy to von Karma Anna and later on to James Biana, all females being purely humans with no special spiritual pressure but well aware of their husbands' powers and duty as spiritual aware humans. The two grandfathers met a single day on a Hollow hunt after a single Hollow Bait broke in the von Karma department, attracting Hollows to that house very easily. Seeing this, the Bounto decided to help on the hunt and thus teamed up with the Quincy temporarily although not really knowing him personally or anything. He was there for research purposes, observing closely as the Quincy warrior struggles hard against the menace that approached his home. That man wasn't really a skilled fighter as to be called a Knight or a Council member, but he was still powerful enough to slay those Hollows with 2 or 3 arrows from his direct shooting, aiming for the mask. Fa Pin however was more of a fighter, and with his Shadow Doll he could easily target whatever shadow is made on the ground and attack through this darkness.

Soon after this incident, the two spoke with each other and developed a friendly bond with the counterpart. They began seeing each other on the streets more often, be it on purpose and if not and after a year of being drinking partners they became each other's best friends, being present in the birth of each's children. They were there for each other on hard times and even supported each other with their own funds when it came to money, freely allowing the families to develop a very close bond that perhaps can change the entire racial relationship between Quincies and Bountos. They were given exclusive information about the other race and culture from each other and thus expanded the knowledge to nearly complete until Fa Pin's first daughter, Natsumi discovered her powers and unleashed her Doll for the first time. At that time, Anna (the wife) was pregnant with Negi's mother - Anzu at the 7th month, and the younger sister Fa Tsuchi wasn't aware of her abilities although being born a Bounto as well.

RP Sample:

Last edited by krillo49 on 5/21/2011, 8:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc
Admin
Zafaron Uriuc

Strike Celery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike Celery   Strike Celery Icon_minitime5/19/2011, 6:11 pm

So far this profile is shaping up to be really nice.

Two quick things though.

Could you either add 3 years to his total age or subtract 3 from the number of years he has had his power and manifested his bow?

Having him discover his powers at 3 is just a tad too soon for my tastes.

Also my co-admin is putting his foot down when it comes to Ransotengai, he doesn't want anyone to use it since it is supposed to be ultra rare.

Thx.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bleach-maelstrom.com
krillo49

Strike Celery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike Celery   Strike Celery Icon_minitime5/20/2011, 1:04 pm

First and most of all, nice to meet you Mr. Head Admin. I must flatter you about the organization of the site and perhaps have a few things to say as for several suggestions.

Now, all introductions aside, back to the subject.
_____
I would like to make sure first, you won't find any offensive feedback or comments in this post. Also, I wouldn't like it if you will think I'm trying to overpower my character only by putting him as first Council member (basically the leader).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Quincy's powers aren't bow and arrow usage, but actually the absorbance and manipulation of Reiroku to the form of a bow and arrow, as bursts of Reiatsu.
Him being capable of doing that in the age of 3 doesn't mean he can fight nor can he use it for any special purpose, it simply means he's aware of his abilities for manipulation.

As for Ransotengai, I'd like to leave that for the rest of the profile. Unlike all other regular Quincy powers, I would believe this one needs to be discovered rather than just being born a natural with this, therefore I will request you leave it to my Background for explanation.
And if you still don't like the idea of me using an ultra rare technique (ultra rare is still achievable although it's intense rarity) after the profile is complete, please state so and I will change the background a little.

Thank you for giving an early check. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Fuuga Natsu

Fuuga Natsu

Strike Celery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike Celery   Strike Celery Icon_minitime5/21/2011, 3:59 pm

I'll try to give a quick review here since you've edited your post. I may come off as a bit brutal and nitpicking, but if I do, it's only because you showed so much promise. As Zaf already said, the profile was shaping up to be very nice. I'll say you've got about half a decent app. Appearance and personality are both very well explained, without overloading us with information.

As I read the fighting style however, it just didn't fit with me very well. I'll be honest, I like the take of a Quincy who actually doesn't rely on the bow so much. However, we have only seen a handful of Ginto techniques. We have no evidence of being able to use more than one at a time either, unlike with Kido. And even among Kido practitioners, we've only seen that from pretty damn strong Kido users.

We also have too few Ginto techniques for that to even prove a good tactic in general. While you CAN make new Ginto techniques later on, we prefer it to either be done in the point shop, or that you ask a mod or admin first. While I realize it may be annoying to be told this, we really just do not have enough information on Ginto in general. Especially as to how they're made, which your fighting style as it is apparently relies heavily upon. We have considered making new ones, but it's difficult when we know next to nothing about them. Also, as the name "point shop" says, you need to actually spend points you gain through posting in the RP to do this.

The self-made afterimage technique is also not something I find you should just add in there. On top of that, you add that besides already being immensely good with Ginto, which if accepted would be a pretty strong style on its own, your skills with a bow is EVEN GREATER. This just doesn't fly with me. We really do our best to keep everything nice and balanced here, and we don't allow anyone (and I do mean ANYONE) to be masters of all kinds of combat. Even the Sotaicho has his limits. Of course, we take into account the differences between races, but that will come more into play later, once we get the current plot events going.

Adding that he's still human at the end doesn't do much to balance the character. If you want to try and go by the standards of Uryuu and his father, we have no comparison, and they're both protected by plot armor in the canon material, particularly because as far as we know, they're the last 2 of their kind. Uryuu has already been made out to be a genius. And his father is much stronger than him, as he himself has established.

Personally, I also have a great dislike for you wanting to "discover" the technique of Ransotengai, especially since even Mayuri stated how rare it is. He had tested 2661 Quincy without finding A SINGLE ONE who could do it. If I (and again, this is me personally) were to give a way that it could be obtained, it'd be an expensive technique in the Point Shop, after having proved to know how not go get overpowered with it. I mean, with that, even if every single bone in your body was broken, you'd be able to continue fighting. If the other members of the Staff disagree with me, and let you have it, so be it. But I have a hard time seing how anything in any background could just let you discover it.

Okay, now on to the backstory. First of all, I have never heard of even one time where a woman was pregnant for 11 months. Hell, if you're not out 2 weeks after the date set a doctor will more than likely try to force the child out in some way, which as far as I have heard tends to be done with special medication. I'm not kidding, I've been told this from a friend who WAS actually born 2 weeks too late. Most of the info about the family in the first paragraph seems fairly unimportant, but it could fly as flavor text to add about the characters past.

However, first line in the second paragraph... you want to make a hybrid of sorts. No. Just no. No hybrids. No mixtures of different races. If you were to make a hybrid of anything, it would have to be a Superhuman and a Quincy, since they're both humans. And even with that, you wouldn't get any special powers per say. You may get a bow as your Superhuman power, but that's it. You'd still just be a Quincy or a Superhuman, there's no middle ground there.

Then I read that one of your grandfathers was a Bount... No way, no how. Not happening whatsoever. On our site, we haven't even let the Bount come into the roleplay yet. They're part of what we call the Elder Ones, 5 "races" of very old, and very powerful beings, the ones who fought the Great Spiritual War 3000 years ago in our story. They all went into seclusion after the war (for various reasons) and will only be coming out again after specific plot events, which is also when they become available. We will NOT let ANYONE be a descendant of an Elder One, unless stated otherwise once they're released. Especially Bount, since going by the info from the anime, they're steril anyway. Not. Bloody. Happening.

Even IF we allowed such a thing, I would kindly request of anyone doing this that they ask a staff member first. If we haven't thought about it, we'll discuss it among ourselves and let you know once we reach a decision. But, again, we haven't got any intentions to allow any kind of hybrids. And as said, more info on them from how this site works with them will be revealed when the are released.

I'm sorry to have gone on for so long, and hope I haven't come off as too harsh. I just wanted to give clarification on each part why I find it incorrect, along with some info on how our site works, because it doesn't seem like you read up on everything, or if you couldn't find info you just didn't ask the staff/nobody was available to ask at the time.

As said, if I'm coming off too strongly, it's because the appearance and personality were very well made, definitely a high standard from what I can see. I hope you're not discouraged by this, but instead (as I hope) will rise to the occation and make an app as good as I'm positive you can make.

....... okay, so in retrospect it WASN'T that quick. Sorry 'bout that.
Back to top Go down
krillo49

Strike Celery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike Celery   Strike Celery Icon_minitime5/23/2011, 9:22 pm

Alright, everything is accepted.

I'm going to go with the only thing that really, really bothered me: I have completely no intention whatsoever of making a hybrid, period. I understand way too well the privileges given to, so-called, "hybrids" and see to them highly unfair after taking a single look at how Vaizards work. Yes, I take Vaizards as hybrids of Hollows and Shinigami, for they can wield Bankai and use Kido - but still can use Cero, boost their powers with a Hollow Mask and even use a Resureccion. While this might not be available here, I personally stopped watching the series after Tosen's case.

So yes, I was only offended by this pre-fact. No Quincy/Bounto or Quincy/Superhuman or Bounto/Superhuman crap. This guy is pure Quincy and was born with the Quincy blood of only his father, his mom is a regular human.
----------------------
As for the rest of the things, I can understand it quite fully. I dislike plot stuff (especially if someone on this site is suddenly called 'protagonist', which gives them a plot armor as you said) and therefore assumed it doesn't really exist here. Making new Ginto techniques is going to be exactly what I do, until then I'll have to 'go serious' (as in using the bow and no Ginto) in fights, which I will prefer not going into considering my character's personality and current job position.

Now, I see where the problem is. Which is why I'd like to resort to an inconvenient method called 'Off-Screen'. I would be sure at 90% this is going to be unaccepted though, but I'd like to create Ginto off-screen, as in without RP. Obviously, I'll also be restricting it to a certain limit where it could be fair - like, perhaps, a single Silver Tube per 2 days or 3, perhaps a week if we stretch it. I doubt this will work though, so I came up with a custom, temporary way of making Ginto. When the real method is revealed in the Manga/Anime, I can fake it easily and say this is just another method available.
Once again, unsure.

I also thank you for the complete review. The history wasn't completely done as you can see and will be used as character background, could be used as an in-character plot. But, you did mention the existence of Bounto in this RPG, so out of ignorance I assumed they were available to everyone. Sorry for the misunderstanding, this will be fixed as soon as I get my muse back.

11 months, understood. I copied the case of Portgas D. Ace from One Piece, which was held in his mother for... 2 years, if I recall, something exaggerated. Not happening, I get it.

And if the Captain Commander has his limits, I'd suppose it's not too edgy, as in, even if we find that out we can't just spam it until he dies. My guess is, he/she is weak against illusions, like every regular person on every Bleach site. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm only bringing up the first thought in my head considering I know nothing of the current Sotaicho, while I only know that Yamamoto's weakness is actually the disappearance of Ryuujin Jakka (his powerhouse) and his old age. Yes, his stamina appears to be a little off in comparison to the other captains, even the creator stated so in stat diagrams he gave for every Captain.
I like measuring stuff, shut up. ><"

So yes. I tried making him into a sort of Sotaicho/Hollow King/Vaizard Leader/Prime Minister of Quincies, shit like that.
If I can't have that spot purely with my application, I will change accordingly.

Sorry for getting high over my head.
Hopefully, my next try is going to be a little better.

(Just that, when you think about it, Quincy hold no chance against Vaizards of any sort or any Espada. Yes, I'm referring to you Uryuu, the Quincy genius who's lost his main plot spot in the Anime and was swapped by Hitsugaya for many fans like him better than you. Sorry.)

Will be fixed by... Sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Fuuga Natsu

Fuuga Natsu

Strike Celery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike Celery   Strike Celery Icon_minitime5/23/2011, 11:17 pm

First, I'm sorry for assuming you were a hybrid. It was just the thought that entered my mind as I was reading the background, and then seeing the word "hybrid" in there made me see red for a moment.

Second, I believe I should explain how our ranking-system works here. Basically, we divide each race into 3 "strenghts", which are related to the rank you have; Elite (Captain, Espada, Overseer, Council Member, High Vizard), Lieutenant (Lieutenant, Fraccíon, General, Knight) and Regular (normal Shinigami, Arrancar, Superhuman, Quincy, Vizard/Rogue). While Vizard doesn't have a proper Lieutenant level, they're considered Lieutenant as a rule of thumb.

To break it down a bit further, any Elite has a more or less equal chance against any other Elite. An Overseer CAN technically fight at the same pace as an Espada. Of course, the Espada does have an advantage (for instance, Superhumans don't have any form of shared Shunpo-ish move, unless it's part of their power), especially depending on both fighters powers. Vizard are a SLIGHT exception since they have their Mask as well, but you can only use that for a set number of turns, then the Mask is taken off and set on a cooldown, like any other power/technique in the RP.

Any Lieutenant will have a worse chance against an Elite. And of course, a Regular will have a worse chance yet, but a decent chance against a Lieutenant. It does also depend on your RPing skills, making the best of what you have. We regulate how much energy and which moves you use fairly well, keeping a close eye as best we can.

But it isn't COMPLETELY impossible for a non-Elite to beat an Elite, though it takes a LOT. And the Elite will likely have to be weakened. The top of the Elites (IE Sotaicho, Primera, Council Leader etc.) do have slightly more power, but the Primera can still lose to the Septima, and so on. This is a part of the balance we go for. Of course, some powers will also have some kind of advantage to another, like a melee fighter vs a ranged fighter. If the melee fighter gets in close, he has higher chance of winning than the ranged fighter. But if the ranged fighter can keep the enemy from getting close, then he is the one with the higher chance.

If you want to know more, or have any questions in general, feel free to PM me, or any other member of the Staff. As said, if we haven't considered what you ask, we'll discuss it with each other and get back to you ASAP.

... okay, once again, it came out longer than I expected. Then again, the posts come out this way because I see a lot of promise in you. Again, sorry 'bout the (relatively) long post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strike Celery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strike Celery   Strike Celery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strike Celery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach: Maelstrom :: Creation Center :: Character Creation :: Quincy-
Jump to: