Bleach: Maelstrom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach: Maelstrom

An Alternate Universe Bleach RP. Chaos has finally been unleashed upon the world as the races, ancient and new, all vie for supremacy.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
╙Webmaster╜

╔Co-Admin╗

╠Mod Squad╣

Affiliates
Bleach Platinum Hearts

Latest topics
» ALL MEMBERS- PLEASE READ
Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:23 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing again again
Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:05 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Testing Again
Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime12/3/2013, 6:04 am by Zafaron Uriuc

» Naruto Rev
Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime8/15/2011, 11:33 pm by Tartarax

» DGM IOH
Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime8/2/2011, 2:57 am by Guest

» Dante Follia
Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime7/30/2011, 4:31 pm by Zafaron Uriuc

» Sengoku Conquest
Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime7/30/2011, 5:59 am by Guest

» Louis Vuitton
Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 8:48 pm by Mistress of the House

» Dante Follia [WiP]
Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime7/26/2011, 3:37 am by Dante

Top posters
Zafaron Uriuc
Linkbucks Ads problems? Vote_lcapLinkbucks Ads problems? Voting_barLinkbucks Ads problems? Vote_rcap 
The Boss
Linkbucks Ads problems? Vote_lcapLinkbucks Ads problems? Voting_barLinkbucks Ads problems? Vote_rcap 
Mistress of the House
Mitsuhiro Tokiyama
Iori
Fuuga Natsu
Emo AFKer
Fuerza Sombras
Kurayami
Runic

Free Top Site

Linkbucks Ads problems?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zafaron Uriuc
Admin
Zafaron Uriuc

Linkbucks Ads problems? Empty
PostSubject: Linkbucks Ads problems?   Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 2:31 am

Alright so recently I have been messing around with Linkbucks, a way to put intermisssions that pay me money when people click on a link.

Now I can just go and edit every single external link to a linkbucks link but that gets tiresome and time consuming as more links are posted.

So I am trying to add a script to the forum that changes links to linkbucks links.

Unfortunately I have run into a bit of a snag. While the current location of the script will convert all external links on a topic page to a linkbucks link.

It actually converts every single link on the page. So even when you are trying to move back to the front page or something like that, you still have to go through an intermission. (You will likely see what I mean when you try to navigate away from this topic. >,>) This just mean looking at an ad for like 2 seconds then hitting the button in the top right corner to move to the actual link. I have set it so you can only see 20 per day (the maximum I get paid for per user per day) but that is still 20 per day.

So I just wanted to get opinions and see if that will piss people off too much. I will try to see I can find a different area to put it in the template so it only happens with external links, but until I figure that out I would like to keep it where it is.

Reason? Well first off the google search bar on the front page is usually ignored as is the ads by google I put in the widgets. (Probably because most of the time they aren't anything people would be interested and people would never clicks ads they aren't interested in.)

(Zafaron Uriuc in no way endorses having people click the google ads for any reason other than because a person is interested in what the ad links to. Zafaron Uriuc complies to all standards and practices that he agreed to in the Google Adsense TOS.)

So linkbucks is my way of attempting to turn even a slight profit with the site. Unfortunately it takes 2000 clicks before you can even get a dollar from linkbucks. So even if we had 50 members that clicked the maximum 20 links a day I would get about 50 cents per day. (An amount I would be perfectly satisfied with btw >.>) And we don't even have that many. So just leaving things on the external links could help but I might get a dollar a year at this rate. If even that.

So if anyone has any complaints, post them here. Suggestions? Post them here. Knowledge of where in one of the forummotion templates I should post the script? Post it here. Any other ways to put up ads through other things? Informing me would be nice.

And if you are wondering why I seem very insistent with this, it is because honestly this site is my only source of my own income. I am in college and am unemployed due to lack of time currently and lack of transportation. Added to this fact is that honestly...

This site is my job. I treat running this site with the same level of respect I would treat any other job. Without treating it as a job I feel the site would lose my attention and be weakened for this. Considering that my staff keeps being plagued by various issues I usually am the one trying to hold everything together and while I am willing to step up to the plate and handle it as much as possible....

lets just say a paid admin is a happier admin.

So yeah, comments, questions, concerns just leave them here. Meanwhile I am going to go back to staring at the templates to see if I can figure something out. If I can't I will remove it early tomorrow morning and wait to get approval from the site members first.

Thanks for putting up with this however long you have to.

And for the love of the lords please don't take this as a request to click the google ads 50 times or something. I do not support such measures and it would likely get me removed from the adsense program as well. Spamming google ads does not help.

Last edited by Zafaron Uriuc on 11/15/2010, 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bleach-maelstrom.com
The Boss

The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Linkbucks Ads problems?   Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 6:14 am

I have no problem with you making money out of this,
but still it's pretty annoying getting Justin Bieber's face all over my screen everytime I click on a link now... -.-
Back to top Go down
Fuuga Natsu

Fuuga Natsu

PostSubject: Re: Linkbucks Ads problems?   Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 9:21 am

The Bieber face is also my only real complaint. Then again, I'm used to sites with loads of ads. The only annoying thing is that they're everywhere on the forum - which I still don't think is annoying enough to go batshit bonkers about.
Back to top Go down
Zafaron Uriuc
Admin
Zafaron Uriuc

PostSubject: Re: Linkbucks Ads problems?   Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime11/16/2010, 5:25 am

Linkbucks is officially dead for this site at least. If I make a blog I will put it on there, but the experiment here was honestly a failure. Would only make chump change if even that in the end. However the google ads will remain on the off chance that people actually click on them.

Like that will happen. Depressed

So yeah, google search bar at the top still is active as are the google ads, yet Beiber will no longer haunt the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bleach-maelstrom.com
Fuuga Natsu

Fuuga Natsu

PostSubject: Re: Linkbucks Ads problems?   Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime11/16/2010, 2:41 pm

Ding, dong, the Bieber's dead!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Linkbucks Ads problems?   Linkbucks Ads problems? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Linkbucks Ads problems?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach: Maelstrom :: Administration :: Announcements-
Jump to: